What to Do in Cherating
Cherating’s shoreline is easily ranked among the east coast’s top beach picks – the sweeping sandy beach is the main attraction along this strip. Well worth a few days’ exploration, Cherating is a surfers’ haven with good wave breaks especially during the monsoon season between November and February. The Pahang Tourism Action Council organizes various annual surf events – in 2008 the Billabong Pro Am competition was held here. Alternatively the ritzy Club Med Cherating, the first one in Asia, is located here; the five-star retreat features a private beach and guests get to partake in an array of activities such as kayaking, sailing and wall climbing.Read More
- Batu Caves, Royal Selangor & Batik Half-Day Tour
- Nature & Elephant Sanctuary Tour
- Aquaria KLCC Admission
- Dining in the Clouds at the KL Tower with Transfer
- Kuala Lumpur Tower Observation Deck
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Batu Caves & Handicraft Half-Day Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- Genting Highlands Full-Day Tour
- Tropical Rainforest Nature Half-Day Tour
Cherating doesn’t have much in the way of snorkelling options. If you’re looking to explore the undersea action, then you’re going to have to book a tour with one of the island operators who will take you to the nearby eponymous Coral Island where there are reefs, wrecks and marine fish for diving activities. You can also choose to participate in fishing tours or rent kayaks.
- Location: Salang
Samsara Spa at Swiss Garden
Specializing in Balinese therapies that utilize unique and potent herbal mixtures, Samsara Spa also offers traditional essential oil massages.
- Location: 2656 & 2657, Mukim Sungai Karang, Balok Beach, Beserah
- Tel: +609 544 7333
Satusuku Surf School
Water activities like yachting, surfing and swimming are the best things to do along Cherating’s shoreline and most of the guesthouses here can arrange things for you. Some of Malaysia’s best surfing waves pound Cherating’s beach. There are several places around town where you can rent surfboards, windsurfing and kitesurfing equipment – Satusuku offers classes at great deals.
- Opening Hours: 09:30 – 23:00
- Location: Lot 1003F, Kg Cherating Lama
- Tel: +6014 323 2952
Pulau Ular – Snake Island – is a popular spot for snorkelling as it is home to a good collection of colourful coral and tropical fish. Despite its name, there aren’t snakes on the island and it’s a great place for an afternoon picnic; your hotel can usually arrange this three-and-a-half hour tour for you.
- Location: Sungai Ular estuary, Kampung Sungai Ular (beside Sanctuary Resort)
Spa Village: Club Med Cherating
The first Club Med retreat in Asia, Club Med Cherating overlooks the South China Sea and its in-house spa offers a wide variety of treatments ranging from traditional therapies to beauty treatments. The sprawling complex consists of a Tranquillity Centre and a Spa Boutique; try the warm stone massage and pure indulgence aromatherapy treatment.
- Address: Club Med Cherating, 29th Mile, Jalan Kemaman-Kuantan