Getting Around Kuantan, Pahang
By Car, By Bus, By Taxi0
Kuantan has a good network of roads and transport systems. Being a small and peaceful city, you won't find much problems getting around. Explore the options for getting around below.Read More
- Batu Caves, Royal Selangor & Batik Half-Day Tour
- Nature & Elephant Sanctuary Tour
- Aquaria KLCC Admission
- Dining in the Clouds at the KL Tower with Transfer
- Kuala Lumpur Tower Observation Deck
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Batu Caves & Handicraft Half-Day Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- Genting Highlands Full-Day Tour
- Tropical Rainforest Nature Half-Day Tour
You can easily hail a taxi in most parts of Kuantan, which will take you anywhere, even to other states! Most of them congregate around the Makmur Complex, near the local bus terminal. However, they do not usually follow the meter and it would be wise to set the fare before you board.
There are several bus routes around Kuantan city, but a few can take you to the outskirts which include Cherating beach. The local bus station is located on Jalan Basar, beside Sungei Kuantan, while the Makmur express bus terminal lies near Jalan Stadium, in front of the Daqrul Makmur stadium.
The bus terminal in Kuantan is in Kompleks Makmur. Taxis congregated just outside the terminal can take you to the city.
You can rent a car from operators located around the city but most of them are concentrated in the Sultan Ahmad Shah airport. This is the best option if you plan to travel around a lot within Kuantan. You can take your pick from small compact cars to large people movers with reasonable rates.Rate This Place: ( votes)